Friday, May 9, 2008

What to expect from iPhone SDK

I haven't been playing around with the iPhone apps that much these days, as its coming close to June and I thought I'd wait to the SDK apps start appearing and get them loaded officially. (God only knows how I'll be able to unlock it to continue using my HK sim card while being officially tethered to iTunes, but thats another matter to deal with later).

But one app that really caught my eye while casually flicking through hackint0sh.org was this 3D racing game demo, called Raging Thunder. Its really amazing that the developer has managed to get a proper 3D racer deployed to a jailbroken iPhone! Think Ridge Racer, and you're there! Of course, its still got bugs and playability issues to resolve, but its a mighty good indicator of how far gaming can really go on an iPhone! Here's a little youTube clip for you to watch while you download it from the BigBoss repo (which is think is part of the community sources these days. Look it up under Games).

No comments: