Wednesday, July 23, 2008

iPhone 2.0 + MobileMe... Where's my contacts???

I panicked.
I thought that all my contacts had been deleted!
All I did was go into Settings and and the new option called "Mail, Contacts, Calendar", where you can select your .Mac address and select which of these will have Push sync with MobileMe cloud.
So I toggled them all to ON. When I did that for Contacts, there came up an alert warning that all contacts would be wiped.
No problem... I had synced my Mac with MobileMe already.
I then immediately went to the Phonebook on the iPhone, and.... it was all blank!!!!
After afew seconds, I noticed afew data transfers happening next to the wifi icon.
Waited abit longer, and still nothing. Whats going on???
I was on All Contacts then went back to the Groups level in the top left corner.
When I went back to All Contacts, BOOM! All the names were there again!!! Hurrah!! It worked!!!!

I even did a quick test on me.com (surely the shortest URL in the world!), creating a fictitious person called "A Test", and adding afew numbers. After afew seconds, it got pushed onto my iPhone! I tried to add an entry into A Test on the iPhone, and see how long it takes to push back to the cloud. Roughly about a minute. And I still had the browser open on that A Test contact entry. Not bad... not bad at all.

I think I could get used to this... :)

No comments: